I went fishing down Oakey Creek this weekend in my Kayak, a great way to unwind from this crazy “new” world whilst appropriately adhering to the social distancing rules now imposed upon us due to “that” virus.
Unfortunately, I was back into the vortex of this economic and health pandemic by Sunday afternoon attempting to unravel the Government’s updated stimulus package … I guess it’s better than being left up the creek without a paddle!
So what is the Governments current economic response to the Coronavirus?
Broader & bigger cash flow assistance to business to help support businesses retain their employees essentially & if that fails more social security funds for those individuals who have lost their job as result of business failure.
A “disastertunity” has now been offered to you in the form of concessions, deferments, and even cash payments and for some now could be the opportunity to exit a bad business with understanding and support from the government , the regulators and the community at large.
Details for each of the stimulus measures can be found at treasury.gov.au and are available here (below) to download for you to read and should you have any questions related to your circumstances please contact us on:
07 4636 6655.
- Overview – 10 pages of details – tables at the end are most useful summary
- Income Support for Individuals
- Payments to Support Households
- Early Access to Super
- Providing Support for retirees
- Cash flow support for Businesses – Main one for SME businesses!!
- Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses
- Delivering support for business investment
- Assistance for severely affected regions & sectors